8 wonderful effects of vanilla essential oil
A lot of people love the taste of vanilla. And aside from that wonderful smell and taste of vanilla, it can also be used for a lot of other purposes as well. Essential oils, in general, already have a lot of positive effects. Vanilla essential oil is a very useful kind of herbal oil to have with you. You should definitely always some have vanilla oil on hand at home. If you do not think that, here are a few amazing effects of using vanilla essential oil.
- Anti-carcinogenic – Studies have shown that vanilla oil actually reduces the growth of cancer cells. So if you want to use an anti-carcinogenic supplement that has no side effects, vanilla oil makes for a great one.
- Antioxidant – The use of vanilla essential oil also helps reduce the number of free radicals in your body. The antioxidant properties of vanilla oil mean that it can actually help reduce the natural damage to your cells caused by aging.
- Food additive – Used as a food additive, vanilla creates a very distinct and delicate taste. If you want to add a wonderful flavor to your food, without creating an overpowering taste, you should use vanilla.
- Anti-inflammatory – Vanilla also has some powerful anti-inflammatory properties. If you have got some kind of inflammation or swelling on your body, you could apply some vanilla essential oil. It should reduce the swelling, itchiness and general discomfort caused by the inflammation.
- Prevents infections – Vanilla can actually boost your immune system as well. You may also try to prevent infections when you use vanilla oil as a supplement to prevent infection. And if you are already sick, you may also use vanilla to help fight off your infection.
- Reduces cardiovascular disease – Since vanilla can help your body relax, you can actually lower your blood pressure when you use vanilla oil. This property of vanilla oil can effectively reduce the risks of cardiovascular disease. You can use this essential oil to deal with stress levels.
- Anti-depressant – If you are feeling down or depressed, you could try using some vanilla oil to take care of your problem. You may be surprised at how your mood will turn around with the help of some vanilla.
- Aromatherapy – You can also use some vanilla oil as part of aromatherapy. The delicate and clean scent of vanilla will make your mind calmer. And you may clear your mind when you use vanilla as part of aromatherapy.
Vanilla essential oil does not only serve as a tasty food additive, but it can also be used for a number of different purposes as well. You will be pleasantly surprised at how amazing vanilla oil works in treating common health problems. Just like any other essential oil, vanilla is also all-natural. So when you use it as part of a health supplement or remedy, you will not have to worry about having any kind of side effect when you take vanilla oil. Vanilla oil is essentially very safe to use, so there is nothing inherently dangerous with this essential oil.