10 ways that you can use sandalwood essential oil
Having a complete set of essential oils is always a good thing. You can use your various essential oils to take care of different kinds of problems. And one kind of essential oil that you must always have is sandalwood essential oil. Sandalwood oil is basically very useful and you must always keep some on hand. Here are several different ways that you can use sandalwood oil for.
- You can use sandalwood essential oil to treat inflammations. It is a very effective anti-inflammatory herbal treatment. So you should be able to reduce swelling on your body if you try using some of this essential oil.
- If you add a few drops of sandalwood oil into your diffuser, you can effectively create an oil mist that can help you clear your mind. For anyone that feels like their thoughts has become too crowded, you can get more mental clarity using sandalwood oil.
- Sandalwood oil can also be used as a muscle relaxant when used in aromatherapy. This essential oil can make your body relax even more when you inhale its scent. So if you are feeling stressed or tired, you could take a rest with a sandalwood aromatherapy treatment.
- This essential oil is also an effective anti-spasmodic, and you can use it to treat minor spasms in your body. Sandalwood essential oil can stop the feeling of various twitches in your muscles, nerves and blood vessels. Thus, it can make you feel more relaxed overall because your body will stop all its twitching.
- Sandalwood oil makes for a great anti-viral herbal remedy as well. This essential oil can essentially boost your immune system. So you can expect that your body will be able to fight off viral infections more easily when you use some of this essential oil.
- You can use this essential oil to also treat coughs and other kinds of respiratory problems. If you feel like your lungs or throat have become too itchy, then try inhaling some sandalwood oil. The muscles in your throat and lungs will become more relaxed, leading to less pain from coughing.
- As an astringent, sandalwood can be a good natural alternative to many facial toners. Used on your skin, it can tighten your pores and lead to a firmer skin appearance. You could try using sandalwood oil instead of using your facial toner or aftershave. It will work quite as well as those products.
- If you are suffering from some kind of sexual dysfunction problem, sandalwood essential oil could be the solution to that problem. It can serve as a very powerful natural aphrodisiac.
- The smell of sandalwood has also been shown to actually boost memory. People who have inhaled this essential oil are actually better in recalling short-term memory.
- Used as part of a beauty routine, sandalwood oil makes for a great age-defying product. This essential oil makes your skin look more youthful. So it can be a great natural anti-aging skincare product. You will have fewer wrinkles when you start using sandalwood oil.